Sr. Backend Engineer
At myDevices, we are passionate about building software for the Internet of Things. We are looking for a talented Backend Engineer to join our amazing team. As a Senior Backend Engineer at myDevices you will help architect and build the business logic, backbone services and scalable systems for our IoT platform. In this position you will work on a small team with other top talent with a significant impact on both architecture and direction.
If you’re a passionate, professional software engineer who enjoys doing things the right way, we want to hear from you!
- Architect and build the myDevices back end working with cloud engineering and front end team to produce a world-class service.
- Work with engineers to build microservice architecture, scalable systems and for continued development.
- Contribute to the development of our IoT platform’s components such as storage, messaging, analytics, deployment and testing.
- As a secondary objective, assist the other teams directly with code review, design and implementation as needed.
- Mentor and teach more junior developers.
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software development
- Designing and implementing APIs and core services in NodeJS, Elixir, or Go
- Possess strong leadership skills and professionalism to be a technical mentor within our team
- Experience architecting fault-tolerant and scalable services
- Be a team player of an autonomous, cross-functional agile remote team
- Experience in multi-threaded programming and distributed systems
- Work in a test driven development
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities and communicate across organizational boundaries
- Experience with Docker containers along with Kubernetes
- Knowledge of big data analytics and stream processing (Hadoop, Storm, Spark, Samsa, etc.)
- Familiarity with MQTT, CoAP, LoRa
- Experience with at least one of these data messaging stream (Kafka, Flume, Kinesis, ActiveMQ, or RabbitMQ)
- Experience with deployment and maintenance of Redis, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Cassandra and other NoSQL solutions
- Past experience with cloud deployments (AWS, GCP, Azure, Rackspace, etc.)
- Love and passion for IoT
This role provides high growth and visibility potential. Be a key part of the team building the IoT platform for the connected world of today. We will provide the equipment of your choosing, opportunity to work with all the latest and greatest connected things, great compensation, generous health benefits, 401K and FSA programs, team lunches, snacks and paid vacation.