Hardware QA Tester
myDevices, the IoT solutions company, empowers System integrators, MSPs, VARs, ISVs, developers, and enterprises to quickly commercialize IoT solutions. The company's mission is to simplify the connected world by providing tools that enable the creation of device and connectivity agnostic IoT Solutions for smart buildings, smart agriculture, asset tracking and other IoT verticals. We are looking for a Hardware QA Tester who has a passion for discovering technical bugs and finding solutions.
Day-to-day job description includes but not limited to the below content:
Device Testing function
- Follow instructions to test newly arrived sensors and gateways
- Debug with hardware manufacturers device issues
- Knowledge of decoding payload of LoRa devices
- Document testing procedures and results, such as create test/user manual for product integration team
- Facilitate device integration once testing is passed
- Accurately maintain and update on time logs of testing progress and status, next steps
- Create and execute testing plans based on integration priority and device use Research
- Learn how to use/install new devices and share with internal team such as integration and sales
- Update across internal systems new device information (eg. Web marketplace, device catalog, testing documents, etc.)
- Collect and record device property information, eg. HS code, pricing, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field preferred
- 1-3 years of professional experience in software/hardware testing
- Exposure of devices communication protocols such as LoRa, NB-IOT, Zigbee, BLE
- Experience with Internet Of Things preferred
- Experience working with Developers
- Ability to understand actual code is a must – knowing how to code is a bonus but not required
- Experience using command line tools
- Understanding the standard methods for encoding/decoding bas64, hex values
- Hands-on hardware experience
- Detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Planning and analytical skills
- Aptitude to learn quickly and ask questions
This role provides high growth and visibility potential. Be a key part of the team building the IoT platform for the connected world of today. We will provide the equipment of your choosing, opportunity to work with all the latest and greatest connected things, great compensation, generous health benefits, 401K and FSA programs, team lunches, snacks and paid vacation.
myDevices is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer searching for talented people who have a desire to build a rewarding, fun, and exciting career with a company that loves to celebrate your success!