myDevices, the Internet of Things (IoT) solutions company, is looking for an experienced Director of Ecommerce.
The Director, Ecommerce will contribute to myDevices’ success by serving as a key technical and business partner to the CEO, collaborating with cross-functional business leaders, and providing direction and leadership for myDevices’ Ecommerce strategy and overall business planning. The Director, Ecommerce will play a critical role in our growth plan and be responsible for driving the development and execution of the Ecommerce strategy; including the development of a new marketplace, 3rd party Ecommerce integrations, establishing a connection between the myDevices marketplace and the distribution center, online demand generation, website customer experience, engagement and web analytics.
The ideal candidate will possess technical expertise, strong project management, communication and analytical skills, and experience working for a data-driven, multi-channel and direct-to-consumer Ecommerce platform. Additionally, this candidate will identify key trends across multiple regions to connect with key consumer segments and grow our digital presence and to deliver on an integrated omni-channel consumer experience. Partnering with key leaders across the Company in the areas of merchandising, marketing, operations and technology, the Director will strive to deliver consistency in the customer experience and ensure a market-leading position for this dynamic and unique company.
- Lead the implementation of all myDevices’ Ecommerce activities and initiatives on myDevices.com, the corresponding mobile apps as well as integrating myDevices technology with partner’s Ecommerce systems.
- Lead the implementation of customer-focused services, including inventory management, order fulfillment, and distribution into myDevices marketplace.
- Work closely with stakeholders to create technical requirements and lead the definition of systems architecture and technical development strategy.
- Work with 3rd party technology providers to scope and execute technical integration and required customizations.
- Full P&L responsibility of myDevices Ecommerce.
- Clearly identify a strategy for execution in alignment with short and long-range plan and strategic priorities to drive revenue and increase market share developing strategic and operational plans for the team, managing execution, and measuring and delivering results.
- Act as technical lead to work hands on development tasks and resolve major issues and blockers.
- Ongoing analyzing and evaluation of the effectiveness of myDevices websites sales, methods, costs and results
- Leverage customer insight and constantly monitor the competitive landscape and market conditions to identify opportunities, issues, and risks in order to recommend strategies and tactics
- Work closely with marketing to drive customer acquisition and topline growth through partner sales, SEM, SEO, affiliate marketing. Display retargeting focusing on revenue goals and EBITDA expansion all the while being value and mission driven
- Evaluate and act on analytics to understand user behavior across all digital channels to help improve site engagement and increase conversion of key metrics
- Work closely with marketing on website content generation in telling the myDevices story and maximize return through testing, site optimization, and improving online customer experience
- Actively manage vendor relationships – sourcing new technology, negotiating pricing, setting strategy for vendors, and regularly monitoring performance.
- BA/BS degree with minimum of 7 years in related work experience.
- Experience designing, deploying and managing a complete Ecommerce solutions.
- Comfortable working in a fast-growing and fast-moving company.
- Track record of building Ecommerce businesses and establishing processes, implementing tools and executing successfully.
- Strong understanding of the Ecommerce landscape, including general Ecommerce architecture, processes, and systems.
- Strong partnership skills; ability to collaborate effectively with technology and design partners to achieve Ecommerce goals.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and deliver on critical tasks that drive customer engagement and profit.
- Experience establishing product pricing, promotions, and gross margin across a portfolio of products.
- Experience using business analytics and web analytics to drive data-based decisions; experience with A/B testing.
- Ability to work with Marketing, Product Management and User Experience (UX) teams.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Local to the Los Angeles area, and available to work in our Burbank, California office.
High growth and visibility, reporting directly to the CEO. Be a part of the team building the IoT platform for the connected world of today. We will provide the equipment of your choosing, opportunity to work with all the latest and greatest connected things, great compensation, generous health benefits, 401K and FSA programs.